Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
adrianospielmann

Acetone iso not working

Post by adrianospielmann »

Hi everyone!

Everytime I tried to mount images using Acetone iso, there appears a message:
"Error, could not mount image.
Solution:
Try converting the image to ISO or extract the content to a folder from the upper menu "Image Conversion."
NOTE: it is NOT possible to mount multi-sector images."

However, I mounted the iso images easily using Linux Mint 10 main edition.

Could you help me, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mf-linux

Re: Acetone iso not working

Post by mf-linux »

Same problem here with LMDE. However, no problem with linux mint 9 gnome. Similar situation to my own post "unable to open UDF volume". Please, could you tell us if you can read UDF-type CDs and what computer do you use? (mine, laptop Toshiba Satellite A100/755). Perhaps both problems are related and someone can find a solution.
Thanks
mf-linux

Post by mf-linux »

I think the problem is in the application acetoneISO 2.2.2, because doing "sudo mount -t iso9660 -o loop nameoftheimage.iso /mountpointname", the iso image is mounted without any problem.
mf-linux

Post by mf-linux »

I've tried more recent versions of acetoneiso, but no one worked. Where should I report this bug? To launchpad Linux Mint bugs site, or to Acetone iso bugs site (if it exists)? Briefly, the problem is: command line for mounting iso images worked perfectly in LMDE, but not at all Acetone iso (any version); however, in Mint 9 Gnome both command line and Acetone iso worked OK.
Thank you in advance for an answer or suggestion about the issue.
mf-linux

Post by mf-linux »

Hello, again. This is to update the bug. Latter updates for LMDE which included "ISO-issues" did not solve the problem. I think the problem is not entirely due to acetone management of disc images, but also to an LMDE bug: I've discovered that mounting ISOs with terminal commands does not work always; if ISO's name is long, with blank spaces, command line mounting from terminal fails; in contrast, short name-ISOs work.
Please, feedback is needed. Thanks.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

I'm glad I searched and found this thread, so I can add to the confusion.

My problem is this:
I run a desktop computer with LMDE x64 - here Acetone works fine
I also have a netbook with the x86 version of LMDE - here I get the same error as in your first post.
- Same iso. Both computers updated at the same time.

How about that?

(thanks for your line for mounting in terminal. That one really helped me.

/gosa
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

Found something while doing some random "google-ing":
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php? ... 22fbd83af3
Solved! It is just matter of adding user to be member of fuse group. Reboot, and it works!
Now - I have no idea if it solves the problem, but if someone tells me (preferably in the great well-known language newbiesh) how to add myself to the fuse group I'm willing to try when I get home today...
mf-linux

Post by mf-linux »

I've also googled. To add an user to fuse group, simply open a terminal and write:
adduser <username> fuse
I'm not sure, but probably you must add "sudo" to get the command done, so if you obtain an error try:
sudo adduser <username> fuse
Please let me know if it works (I uninstalled LMDE and went back to Mint 9, but I would like to try again LMDE if bugs are corrected).
Thank you very much.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

mf-linux wrote:I've also googled. To add an user to fuse group, simply open a terminal and write:
adduser <username> fuse
I'm not sure, but probably you must add "sudo" to get the command done, so if you obtain an error try:
sudo adduser <username> fuse
Please let me know if it works (I uninstalled LMDE and went back to Mint 9, but I would like to try again LMDE if bugs are corrected).
Thank you very much.
Confirmed - It did work!

In the end I did it a bit differently though... I had a feeling I've seen this thing with groups before so I went into the Mint Menu -> Adminstration -> Users and Groups -> Manage Groups. In there I scrolled down to fuse, clicked properties and ticked my name. After a reboot (maybe it would've been enough to log out/in again) I opened Acetone Iso and mounted the iso without problems.

What I don't understand is why I didn't have to do this in my desktop computer, but I suppose I've made something previously that got me added to fuse without thinking about it.

Let's hope OP sees this so he can try it and (with a bit of luck) mark this as solved.

Anyway - thanks (again) for your tip about mounting and adding to groups in the terminal. I'll save those to for the future.
mf-linux

Post by mf-linux »

Great! Thanks for the information!

Return to “LMDE Archive”