Remove evolution and totem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
smika

Remove evolution and totem

Post by smika »

Hello,

Today I installed LMDE, I downloaded all the updates. After the updates I want to remove evolution, totem and epiphany-browser, but when I try this, it will also delete gnome-core. How can I delete these packages without breaking my whole gnome-desktop?

Thanks a lot,

Smika
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
abercrombieande

Re: Remove evolution and totem

Post by abercrombieande »

How are you doing this? Synaptic, apt-get ?!?!

I didn't see any reference to core being removed when I tried it using synaptic
smika

Post by smika »

I tried it with "apt-get remove evolution". But when I try it with synaptic I get also the message that it will also delete the package gnome-core.

Smika
Dave68

Post by Dave68 »

There is a post that concerns this particular issue (gnome-core).

You can find the information you seek here:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ge#p356322

Happy Minting,
Dave
abercrombieande

Post by abercrombieande »

How about totem by itself?
viking777

Post by viking777 »

smika wrote:Hello,

Today I installed LMDE, I downloaded all the updates. After the updates I want to remove evolution, totem and epiphany-browser, but when I try this, it will also delete gnome-core. How can I delete these packages without breaking my whole gnome-desktop?

Thanks a lot,

Smika
Just looking at my system for comparison I have none of the above packages installed, including gnome-core and as my system runs perfectly well without them I would think it reasonable to assume yours would as well. But of course 'reasonable' doesn't always = 'true', so don't blame me if you try it and it does break! The packages you can't remove are evolution-data-server and evolution-data-server-common, they seem to have some connection with control centre.
smika

Post by smika »

I removed all the packaged included the gnome-core. After a restart everything runs fine. So I think that i don't need gnome-core.

Thanks for all the help.

Smika

Return to “LMDE Archive”