how to configure lmde

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
giorsat

how to configure lmde

Post by giorsat »

any idea how to configure the gdm3 background in lmde? I don't' like the theme at all and I followed the instruction on how to change gdm3 wallpaper in debian but it doesn't work.
I love lmde because of the speed and cnfigurability (and mint menu above all) but sometimes I found some mint addiction just useless or disappointing (the obliged theme or the useless mint nanny, mint styler ). give us freedom of choice and not another ubuntu! ;)
love you guys
g.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Re: how to configure lmde

Post by rdonnelly »

RMB click on destop and select change desktop background. Open /usr/share/backgrounds as admin, and put in any background you want. Or RMB click on any image you want to set as background. You can get desktopnova through apt and have you back ground change every 10 minutes as well.
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

And if you download any you like to your downloads folder you can simply right click desktop, change background tab, then click add and navigate to the folder with the photos. Select one or CTRL+the ones you want and hit "add". This will make them available as choices in the change desktop background tab.
giorsat

Post by giorsat »

ehm guys... gdm3 background IS NOT desktop background... it's gdm3!
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Ahhh....I caught "wallpaper" and jumped on it. My apologies and thanks for the catch. Perhaps here http://www.khattam.info/howto-change-gd ... 11-14.html#

Beyond that, can't help much.
doktordave

Post by doktordave »

You might want to have a look at the discussion here.

Return to “LMDE Archive”