Lots of problems so far!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
bradsha

Lots of problems so far!

Post by bradsha »

I was on linuxmint kde for a long time i was thinking why not try debian at first it was working awesome till my 2end day useing it!!!!. At first the mouse was freezing every so often thats kinda old it was working all awesome today i was like its gonna work now!!!! now pulse audio crash every 3 mins so im rebooting witch must be bad for my hard drive can't find a way to install my graphics card and flash is now lagging it mite be im using a usb headset but i need it for work Im wondering if any one at all can help me
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Lots of problems so far!

Post by Silent Warrior »

I'm not sure what to make of your problems... Language barrier, I guess. But about PulseAudio crashing, what exactly do you mean? I have myself seen notifications about how PulseAudio apparently 'stopped working', but music/sound was still playing perfectly. *Shrug* Maybe it fell back on pure, 'legacy', ALSA-only output.
Anyway, you shouldn't have to reboot - just logging out and back in should be enough. Or even manually restarting PA in your current session.

If Flash is lagging when it hasn't lagged before, try running without compositing (to "deactivate" Compiz: metacity --replace) and see if that helps.
Is your mouse a generic 2-button no-nonsense model, or some special fancy type, with plenty of extra buttons and functionality?
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Are you using the regular LMDE with only Levels 1 - 3 enabled and updated? Did you add any modifications such as KDE or did you leave it with GNOME? Once you share exactly what you have and what you have done, we can probably get you all fixed up.

We sometimes have language-barrier issues with those who speak English as a second language. We probably have a speaker of your native language in the forum if you need assistance. Though, most of us English speakers can eventually figure out what you mean with some trial and error. We appreciate you giving English a go, by the way. One suggestion for communication is to structure your sentences with one thought, keeping it brief, and using punctuation. That clarifies your problems so other may be able to help you.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
bradsha

Post by bradsha »

Sorry im russian and i have to say il try again. Well the way this is going i have gnome noting eles and its updated. Also what i mean by crashing is when i logg out it still dead when i logg back in and when i start a video with flash it just starts cracking in sound then dies. I did the fix in the fourms didn't work. So i have no idea but what i do now is that is tried to reinstall pulseaudio noting. Im thinking its something to do with a usb headset but maybe not

I hope you can read this better then before im very good at engalish just was very late with the last post sorry! :D
Silent Warrior
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Silent Warrior »

Well, unless your headset is a really fancy variety (meaning that it needs drivers), there's absolutely no reason they would cause the crackling. What soundcard/chip do you have, and what driver is loaded?
Post the output of these two commands:

Code: Select all

lspci | grep Audio

lsmod

Return to “LMDE Archive”