Rhythmbox and Exaile crashes, Banshee works? [Solved]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Troken

Rhythmbox and Exaile crashes, Banshee works? [Solved]

Post by Troken »

Hi,

just installed LMDE on an Asus EEE Pc. After adding my music library to Rhythmbox, I wanted to play a song. When clicking on play, Rhythmbox crashed. So I installed Banshee and all works great. But as Exaile has been a favorite, I installed it too. Just as with Rhythmbox, I added all music, but when trying to play one, Exaile crashes as well. Anyone has any ideas what might cause this? Thank you in advance for all suggestions.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Beardedragon

Re: Rhythmbox and Exaile crashes, Banshee works?

Post by Beardedragon »

Troken wrote:Hi,

just installed LMDE on an Asus EEE Pc. After adding my music library to Rhythmbox, I wanted to play a song. When clicking on play, Rhythmbox crashed. So I installed Banshee and all works great. But as Exaile has been a favorite, I installed it too. Just as with Rhythmbox, I added all music, but when trying to play one, Exaile crashes as well. Anyone has any ideas what might cause this? Thank you in advance for all suggestions.
It might depend upon the format of the music. Was it AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC (.m4a) or anything other than ogg or mp3? Some codecs are available as add-ons.
ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

There is a tip to solve this problem with Rhythmbox somewhere here but forget about Exaile.
In Synaptic remove python-gi and Rhythmbox will play for you.
ukbrian
Troken

Post by Troken »

ukbrian wrote:There is a tip to solve this problem with Rhythmbox somewhere here but forget about Exaile.
In Synaptic remove python-gi and Rhythmbox will play for you.
ukbrian
Hurray! You solved it, Rhythmbox works now. Thank you ukbrian! Even Exaile works now. Is this something one should report to the LMDE team?
Last edited by Troken on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troken

Post by Troken »

Beardedragon wrote:It might depend upon the format of the music. Was it AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC (.m4a) or anything other than ogg or mp3? Some codecs are available as add-ons.
Hi Beardedragon, no it is mostly ordinary MP3s.
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

Troken wrote:
ukbrian wrote:
Hurray! You solved it, Rhythmbox works now. Thank you ukbrian! Even Exaile works now. Is this something one should report to the LMDE team?
Glad it got fixed. sorry I didn't help, but, Edit your first post in the Subject line add [Solved] and you will tell everyone who reads the forum about this.
Troken

Post by Troken »

Beardedragon wrote:Glad it got fixed. sorry I didn't help, but, Edit your first post in the Subject line add [Solved] and you will tell everyone who reads the forum about this.
Thank you for the advice, I've done that now.

Return to “LMDE Archive”