Flash videos no longer cache in /tmp [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Intio

Flash videos no longer cache in /tmp [SOLVED]

Post by Intio »

As the title says, no flash video (say, from YouTube) produces a file in my /tmp folder any more. I don't know if this was due to the recent big update, or more specifically due to the flash 10.2 version contained within the last update.

Has some setting been changed, which I can change back? Is the only solution to roll back to a previous flash version? Curious to know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Flash videos no longer cache in /tmp

Post by proxima_centauri »

It is due to the Flash 10.2 update.

I think you can still find find the .flv files in ~/.mozilla/firefox/userprofile/cache
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

I am using flash 10.3 d162 and finding the downloaded files can be hit or miss these days. I went ahead and added the Video DownloadHelper to Firefox/Iceweasel. No more problems at all. It is worth your time to consider it.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
Intio

Post by Intio »

@proximan_centauri: Thanks for the suggestion. Since I use Chrome that directory path is no good to me, but based on tha idea I dug through a few folders and found the files being cached in:

~/.cache/google-chrome/Default/Cache

@rivenathos: Yes, I've played around with various equivalents for Chrome, and I can even pull YouTube videos directly from the command line, but I prefer a simple shortcut link to a folder where I can drag and drop the file. I'm sure these GUIs are going to catch on you know ;)
mzsade
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Flash videos no longer cache in /tmp [SOLVED]

Post by mzsade »

My 2 cents, what worked for me was to remove mint-meta-debian, and mint-flash-plugin and reinstall flash-plugin-nonfree..even if some people say they have had problems with the flash plugin, i haven't had any issues with it.
Linux User #481272 Reg: 15th Sept., 2008

Return to “LMDE Archive”