LMDE on sony vaio

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kaizer

LMDE on sony vaio

Post by kaizer »

Hi all,
I am intending to install LMDE on my sony vaio which currently runs Vista so before to go ahead I have one question
Should I expect any hardware compatibilities issues? Have anyone on this forum already installed LMDE on a vaio and can share with me his experience?
Thanks in advance for your help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dave68

Re: LMDE on sony vaio

Post by Dave68 »

Run the Live Version first, and do a thorough check of everything you would normally do in Windows. This is the best way to find out if there are any Hardware/ Driver Issues before an actual install.

Good Luck,
Dave
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Post by TBABill »

Agree with Dave. And if you run the live disk, you can also go into terminal and type

Code: Select all

inxi -F
and paste that output back here for review to see if anything stands out as a possible trouble spot. When you run it live, be sure to try out your sound, wireless or ethernet (or both), keyboard, mouse, webcam, printer and other devices if you want to really be sure it'll work. I had to replace a Kodak all in one printer when I switched due to incompatibility (Kodak won't make a driver for Linux) but other than that all my machines work fine.
kaizer

Post by kaizer »

Thank you all for your help,
I will indeed run tests using the live CD.
Really like the inxi -F command, did not know it so far but looks very cool.

Return to “LMDE Archive”