Hi, everybody

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mac76

Hi, everybody

Post by Mac76 »

Thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. The name's Mac, and I've been an on-again, off-again user of GNU/Linux since about... oh, Red Hat I think it was when I found a book called Red Hat Linux 9 Bible. I grew up in those heady days of amber monochrome DOS and can fuzzily remember the introduction of Windows (man, that makes me feel old) so I'm rather comfortable the concept of command lines (if not the syntax) even if my familiarity has been dulled by too much Windows use. Due to various hard ware failures, mishaps and my frustrations at Win systems I keep coming back again and again to Linux. Most of my time has been spent with Fedora and Debian with an (ill fated) attempt at LFS a few years ago. With all the practice I've had I should be good at this stuff, but the truth is there have been enough long stretches away from Linux to make me still feel like a complete noob. So far, I like what I've seen of Mint quite a bit and hope you guys don't mind a few more questions :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Hi, everybody

Post by Habitual »

Welcome to the LinuxMint Community!

There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=20
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/

For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat

Enjoy the Minty goodness!

Even I had trouble with LFS and I have 17 years experience. :oops:
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint Community. You'll find a lot of friendly and helpful people here. I hope this time you decide to stick around a while. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
Mac76

Post by Mac76 »

Thanks guys!

I love how Mint already has some of the stuff I was figuring I'd have to re-learn how to set up working out of the box. Very cool! :D
ericpepin

Post by ericpepin »

Hey guys I just stop by to say hiiiiiiii..... everyone.??

Return to “Introduce Yourself”