Linux Mint 10 LXDE RC released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 10 LXDE RC released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 10 LXDE RC. Linux Mint 10 LXDE RC New features at a glance: Software manager Application icons Better categorization Update manager Ignore updates Download size Upload manager UI, speed, ETA Connection test Cancel / Run in background System improvements For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux [...]
Announcement: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1661
grey1960envoy

Re: Linux Mint 10 LXDE RC released!

Post by grey1960envoy »

Another fine toy to play with. Thank you Clem :D
It is Saturday night (actually Sunday morning) and I just installed LXDE to give a try so far so sweet.I'll run it for a week to give my honest opinion on it :D Thus far it hasn't given me any bad news so this is good. I do have one question how come the cd creator burned it at 18 . 4X ( Iwas expecting more like 8 or less)there were no issues ,and the install went off without a hitch but it works.
Last edited by grey1960envoy on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
zohall
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zohall »

wow. very well. i waiting for final release :D
zebedeeboss
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zebedeeboss »

Congrats

So how do you upgrade ? Go easy please... Linux newb here
LMDE 5 Elsie | Cinnamon V5.2.7 | Kernel 5.10.0-12-amd64 | AMD Ryzen TR 2950X (32) @ 4.000GHz | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti | Display 49" 5120 x 1440 240Hz | 64GB Corsair RGB DDR4 3000MHz | 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe

Be Nice or Be Some Where Else
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
boarder428

Post by boarder428 »

that is a great tutorial but the sourses list provided in the tutorial point to isadora (mint 9) we need sources list for 10 to upgrade!
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Just replace 'isadora' by 'julia' and 'lucid' by 'maverick'. That is the sources list for Mint 10.
rick2210
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rick2210 »

Downloaded Mint 10 LXDE and started LiveCD. Still cannot reposition desktop icons. When are you going to update to the latest version of LXDE which allows you to do this?
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

rick2210 wrote:Downloaded Mint 10 LXDE and started LiveCD. Still cannot reposition desktop icons. When are you going to update to the latest version of LXDE which allows you to do this?
The build of pcmanfm that allows this has a few issues with cut/copy/paste so we have elected to stay with the 0.9.7 build for the time being.
rick2210
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rick2210 »

According to the LXDE website, the problem with not being able to move desktop icons appears to have been fixed.

http://lxde.org/
Desktop icons are now freely movable!
Last edited by rick2210 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sjonesy

Post by sjonesy »

I have to wonder here after reading https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/579300 about if its wise to use maverick as a base for anything. I use a lot of older programs that rely on alsa/oss working, most notably enemy territory, Trying to force people in the name of progress into using useless pulseaudio is just flat wrong in any distro.
So are there any current kernels without the oss menu disabled?
Other than that great job.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Alsa should be able to redirect sounds from programs to PulseAudio, so with both installed (and that is what most distros do) the programs that need ALSA should work fine.
galen

Post by galen »

richardmarshz wrote:I have to wonder after reading here about whether to use non-conformist as the basis for anything. I use a lot of older programs that rely on alsa / ass work, especially the enemy territory, trying to force people in the name of progress in the use pulseaudio completely useless is wrong in any distro.
Pulseaudio is awful, it has no place in a lite distro ever

Return to “Releases & Announcements”