Help with Beryl

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Help with Beryl

Post by Locrian »

Hey im fairly new to linux and im having some trouble adding a background image to the skydome on the cube effect, when i add an image it just simply changes to some color but it doesn't display the image, the highlight of the option says "dimensions must be a power of two" don't know what that means hehe
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Help with Beryl

Post by scorp123 »

Locrian wrote: "dimensions must be a power of two" don't know what that means hehe
e.g. 1024 x 1024 pixels, or 2048 x 2048 pixels, or 4096 x 4096 pixels ....

I use a picture I like a lot, loaded it into GIMP, used the "make seamless" trick, then used a few nice gauss blurs, and then resized it to 1024 x 1024 pixels. Voila: a superb skydome image.
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Locrian »

Thanks a lot man!!!!
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

You can also use wide pictures with the "Animate Skydome" option. Power of 2 dimentions still apply. See below for a cool example.

http://forum.beryl-project.org/viewtopi ... =55&t=3256

Return to “Beginner Questions”