Right-Click menu is not Fluxbox theme

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
szorn

Right-Click menu is not Fluxbox theme

Post by szorn »

I have tried a couple other OS that use Fluxbox. However, I like Mint because it seems to work the best, especially with installing drivers for my USB wifi adpater. Anyway, I change the Fluxbox styles but I notice that when I have a window open, such as a browser I end up getting the default style (Shiki) menu when I right-click on the browser. Even clicking on software windows does the same thing. Is there any way to make all of the menus the same style as the one chosen for Fluxbox?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alaric

Re: Right-Click menu is not Fluxbox theme

Post by Alaric »

Go to System Tools > Preferences > Appearance and you can change things like window and icon themes, fonts, and colors. Also, some apps need to be restarted for changes to take effect -- at least Abiword does, maybe others, as well. I installed a Red/Black theme called antiX_black from box-look.org, and it radically changed the right-click menus. I then had to go to Synaptic to install shiki-wine for a red window theme, and GNOME-wine for the red icons. I'm not sure why changing the System Tools>Fluxbox>Styles didn't change your menus, since that seems to be its main function. The default green shiki 'style' was too small for me to read.

From my install notes I see I also had to add gtk-engines-murrine and shiki-colors-metacity-theme from Synaptic, but I shouldn't think you'd have to do that for the already installed styles. Wish I could give something more definitive, but I hope I at least gave you something to go on.

BTW, if you d/l a theme, it will go in: /usr/share/fluxbox/styles

Return to “Software & Applications”