How would i change the start button and update beryl in mint

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to MIntBulletbillx
To change the start button right click it, select Preferences
and - voila - there you have it :)
For themes, both to change and install you use the "Themes tool" in the menu
I believe compizfusion will be default in Daryna
In the mean time use this.
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... mpizfusion
It speaks of Cassandra but that should not matter....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yes Daryna will be based on Gutsy
We have made preparations so it won't be long after Gutsy is out
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

You can install Compiz-Fusion now if you like. I have both the latest builds of Beryl & Compiz-Fusion installed. I still prefer Beryl. Compiz-Fusion, in my opinion anyway, is still not ready for prime time. It's user interface is really tedious and cumbersome.

I have not been able to duplicate the setup I had with Beryl because some things are either not working right, or at least not working the same as before. There are a few new plugins, but nothing that is a must have. I also get errors when loading Fusion (although it still runs fine, so they're apparently not fatal).

Beryl 0.3.0, on the other hand, runs without a hitch. The only issue I have with the final svn/git build of Beryl is that the benchmark plugin seems to be broken (I've heard that can be fixed by recompiling the plugins, but I haven't tried because the benchmark plugin is not important to me).

Anyway... as I said, you don't have to wait for Daryna if you want Fusion. Just go ahead and install it.

Return to “Beginner Questions”