liquorix 2.6.37-?.dmz.? == nothing but problems

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kwevej

liquorix 2.6.37-?.dmz.? == nothing but problems

Post by kwevej »

Hi there,

So far, I had nothing but problems with 2.6.37 kernel (liquorix build). Mostly system freezes.

Anybody has the same?
The last version working for me was 2.6.36-3.dmz.2. So I'm sticking to that one.

@Thinkpad R400
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneC

Re: liquorix 2.6.37-?.dmz.? == nothing but problems

Post by GeneC »

Installed it about a month ago. Been doing all the updates. (I am surprised there are so many updates to this kernel, seems to be one or two a week.). I had one today. I am now at = 2.6.37-2.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64.
Everything is running fine. Haven't noticed any appreciable changes since the first Liquorix kernel install. I do like it, as its the only kernel, that lets this computer (see signature) use suspend/hibernate. Maybe your having a video driver problem? I installed the Nvidia 195 drivers from synaptic before the Liquorix, and every new Liquorix update has automatically compiled the Nvidia driver with me having to do nothing. It just boots back smoothly into the new kernel with Nvidia and compiz working smoothly.

Perhaps checking out the Liquorix forum would help?
http://techpatterns.com/forums/forum-34.html
sgosnell

Post by sgosnell »

I've been using the Liquorix kernel for some time, and have never had an issue that I can attribute to the kernel. IME, it just works.
ScoobyDan

Post by ScoobyDan »

kwevej,

I have the same problems - with the liquorix kernel, I get random system freezes (generally noticeable in Google Chrome, but also affecting the whole system). With the original (2.6.32-5) kernel, I get no such problems.

Dual-core 64bit AMD CPU
Nvidia 7025 (512Mb)
2GB RAM

I tried using the 173- and 195- series nVidia drivers, and kernels 2.6.37.0 and 2.6.37.1 (not tried 2.6.37.2 yet, but don't hold much hope).

Just to let you know you're not alone.

Daniel
kwevej

Post by kwevej »

Nvidia is not the case as I have just an ordinary integrated Intel graphic (detailed specification here: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:R400) ...

Return to “LMDE Archive”