Linux Mint 10 KDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 10 KDE released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 10 KDE. Linux Mint 10 KDE New features at a glance: KDE 4.6 Software manager Application icons Better categorization Update manager Ignore updates Download size Upload manager UI, speed, ETA Connection test Cancel / Run in background System improvements For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint [...]
Announcement: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1676
Az4x4
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Linux Mint 10 KDE released!

Post by Az4x4 »

Another great release guys! Those who've been looking for the latest version of Mint in the KDE4.6 flavor will be all over this one!
saghaulor

Post by saghaulor »

I just wish that I could install the 32 bit version on my i5. Instead every time I try to install 32 bit Mint I get an indefinite black screen after loading vmlinuz.

I also don't like that I can't simply search for '32 bit' in the forums. Rather, the forum bot informs me that searches must contain words that have a minimum of 3 characters.
dante19992

Post by dante19992 »

i am LOVING mint 10 KDE a MASSIVE improvement over its predecessor
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

I set up a new partition and installed the KDE edition in it to give it a try, I like it, had a few audio quirks that went away when I removed ALSA (it doesn't like my soundcard), other than that I'm pleased, I might just remove my GNOME install and put KDE edition as the only one on the drive.
fearnot

Post by fearnot »

Hi Linux Mint I'm still not happy I still can't run my Toshiba L510 PSLGXA-002002 on it so why didn't it get fixed so I could run it please? :(
saghaulor

Post by saghaulor »

saghaulor wrote:I just wish that I could install the 32 bit version on my i5. Instead every time I try to install 32 bit Mint I get an indefinite black screen after loading vmlinuz.

I also don't like that I can't simply search for '32 bit' in the forums. Rather, the forum bot informs me that searches must contain words that have a minimum of 3 characters.
I apologize for posting issues in the announcement thread. Here is the thread to my issue http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66983
darkon11
Level 1
Level 1

Post by darkon11 »

Hi,
I'm having problems with my video card (sapphire x1600xt).
At first the card isn't recognised at boot (I have to switch to a new configuration)
Now it boots correctly but the monitor has an annoying flicker.
I' tried both refreshing 75 and 59.9 hz.
BTW I've never had problems with LM 9 kde
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

congrats, nice release :)

but, i thought this would have included kernel 2.6.37? has it been patched with the 200line kernel tweak?
HP EILITE FOLIO 9470M i7-3667u x 4
GitHub: tolgaerok
Image Image
panda8898

Post by panda8898 »

will kde 4.6 come to LMDE ? or is there anything i can do to upgrade my LMDE with kde 4.5.3 to 4.6 ?
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

You can compile KDE 4.6 from source.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
panda8898

Post by panda8898 »

AlbertP wrote:You can compile KDE 4.6 from source.
thx for the solution...but dont know how to compile...is there anyways that i can use mint KDE repo ?
RJ12

Post by RJ12 »

I just wanted to say thanks guys! I have always wanted to use KDE, but have always had problems with NDISwrapper and KDE, infact I even removed Linux from my computer and was using Windows for a while, but I always kept up with the news and when Linux Mint 10 KDE came out I had to try it. I love that it comes with NDISwrapper and it actually works! Now I will be able to continue to use Linux!! Thanks to everyone who helped create it!!! :D :D

-Russell

Just in case your wondering, my wireless card is a Realtek RTL8187SE
Penguinclaw

Post by Penguinclaw »

Great and well worth the wait :) we don't mind really as we all know you are taking care to give us our favourite desktop that extra tweak!!! I used the installation upgrade for the first time last night and how impressed am I. Slicker than silk.... having removed the Nvidia drivers using the wizard and rebooting of course, the whole process took less than ten minutes. So fast I was convinced it hadn't worked until I rebooted and all was in order.... New Linux Mint 10 and every thing still their and configured how I like my desktop to behave/look! Also proprietary drivers for my printer and scanner still worked. No command line hacking for me!!

As you can probably tell, I'm really impressed and happy. Well done! I'm in operating system nirvana :D
sab

Re: Linux Mint 10 KDE released! - Sound Recorder

Post by sab »

I'm impressed with it. However, I like to use that handy little gadget Sound Recorder - Gnome media.
Works OK except I'm having the same old problem of recording.
Managed to set it up OK with Pulse Audio in the Gnome distro but how do I go about it in KMix please?
dlabut

Post by dlabut »

saghaulor wrote:I just wish that I could install the 32 bit version on my i5. Instead every time I try to install 32 bit Mint I get an indefinite black screen after loading vmlinuz.

Try this solution from Catharis in the thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php...15.modeset
dlabut

Post by dlabut »

Sorry try http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1613132
Dave LaButte
beenpicking

Post by beenpicking »

Hello! I just installed Linux Mint 10 KDE and a bundle of educational soft ware looks great. I put this together for my 5 year old grandson. I have spent several hour and have not been able to set up a user account for him. Any direction would help!
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by midas »

I just performed a fresh install of Julia KDE 64 bits. When trying to update after the first restart the Mint-update manager is telling me something about 'broken packages' and not able to update. Grrr...strange. After disabling some PPA's everything is working fast and smoothly. Why so many PPA's? Certainly not easy for beginners like me. I like KDE very much and I like the way how Julia KDE is a very complete distro. One doesn't have to install very much packages afterwards.

But OTOH Julia KDE is leaning against being bloated. Why so many gnome-packages? Why not a leaner KDE-distro with a strong emphasize on KDE-packages and only applying gnome-packages when one needs them quality-wise.

I LOVE the artwork! Very elegant and simple. Choose also for a simpler and more elegant work-out. Relying more on KDE-packages and less bloated. KDE is really maturing now and needs the sleek and mean approach of Linux Mint Gnome. Go some steps further because I like it already!
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
adeelhasan

Post by adeelhasan »

hi all,

this is my very first post. I just installed Linux Mint 10 KDE on my HP ProBook 4520s, having deleted my previous operating system, and I discovered that my touchpad does not respond properly. Essentially I cannot right click through my touchpad. :(
I have had to use an external mouse to be able to browse about.

hmm... I just discovered that I can no longer hear anything played on my PC, even though I could swear that this was working fine just after the first boot. Any tips on debugging this?

Apologies if this question should have been posted elsewhere, but as I mentioned, I just joined the linux mint club, and I need your help, so kindly ignore this blunder of mine.

Hoping to get a solution soon...

Return to “Releases & Announcements”