Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Malfromed release file error when updating LMDE

Post by kmb42vt »

I got this error when running "apt-get update" this morning:

Code: Select all

Failed to fetch http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/testing/Release  Unable to find expected entry  main/binary-amd64/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Anyone else seeing this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
malligt
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Malfromed release file error when updating LMDE

Post by malligt »

My understanding is that debian is updating its packages(hopefully vlc :D ), and to just simply be patient and wait a couple days.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

I got that error in the morning aswell (the repo should be down atm). Now is up again.
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

Good enough, thanks guys. Just checking to make sure I'm not the only one. Never can be too sure in the world of Debian testing even if it is a Mintified version. :D
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)

Return to “LMDE Archive”