After UPdate Monitor Problems

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
TenEleven

After UPdate Monitor Problems

Post by TenEleven »

I am a new linux user and I'm enjoying its benifits; However, I am having a difficult time with my external monitor. Before my LInux MInt Debian system update, my monitor was working fine. But after I updated my system, my external monitor keeps flickering on and off and returns with the appropriate image. By FLickering on and off i mean, turns black and then conveys the correct picture about 2 secs later. I need some help thank you guys.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: After UPdate Monitor Problems

Post by mads »

I am experiencing a similar problem. I have LMDE 32-bit, and after last updates my monitor flashes/flickers continuously every 15-20 seconds. I've tried to figure out which package/packages cause this with no hell.

lspci -v | grep VGA
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV 610LE PCI [Radeon HD 2400] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

inxi -F
Graphics:
Card ATI RV 610LE PCI [Radeon HD 2400] X.Org 1.7.7 Res: 1680x1050@60.0hz
GLX Renderer Mesa DRI R600 (RV610 94CC) 20090101 x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL DRI2 GLX Version 1.5 Mesa 7.7.1 Direct Rendering Yes
mads

Post by mads »

I had to replace Mesa with ATI Proprietary Driver to fix my issue.
I guess this is the price I have to pay for the Testing repo.
TenEleven

Post by TenEleven »

Yeah, I reinstalled linux mint because my harddrive failed got a new harddrive. BUt you are right I think I was using testing drivers, since the reinstallation no more screen flickers.

Return to “LMDE Archive”