Thanks to all : )

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rchgore

Thanks to all : )

Post by rchgore »

A quick thank you to all who participate in this forum, LM dev. and the entire linux community. I have been using linux for a while and Linux Mint for a couple of months now. Without everyone involve I'd still be a frustrated windows user. Since Mint debuted on my entertainment system I have configures the systems of 4 of my friends and my daughter now wants her Win7 system done. That will be the 2nd win7 system. All thanks to you guys for your work, advice and support system! Great OS. Out of freedom came elegance. Even better is its a simple elegance, that is capturing a wide variety of users. I, as are my friends, am a simple minded construction worker. Linux for the masses, excellent job.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Thanks to all : )

Post by Habitual »

Welcome to the LinuxMint Community!

There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=20
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/

For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat

Enjoy the Minty goodness!
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome rchgore. Sounds like you've gotten of to a good start in the wonderful world of Linux.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello rchgore
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
rchgore

Post by rchgore »

Yes it has been a good start this time for sure. While LM is the distro I use I've also had good luck with the latest Mepis. Linux in general has become quite easy to install and configure. With wider device driver support availability. The main hurdle now is WiFi but there is more than ample help available. For the first time I've wiped Windows off my hard drives completely. Everything works! I've had my share of printer, scanner, video, and sound driver issues in the past to make me quit trying for a long while. This time is way better and the switch of os's was easy! Didn't need to ask a single question in the forums. All the info was there already. Thanks to all again.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome indeed.. [you are further on than I with Linux, but i still think its the way forward]

wizard
rchgore

Post by rchgore »

Definitely the way forward for me. Although I suspect I am no further along really. I've been incredibly lucky in that any issues I have faced during the process have been faced by others and they are good enough to share the solutions they found with the world. Also I contribute my success to improvements to both the kernel and various distro and apps. Improved drivers support from the various hardware vendors has helped to. In all, a great effort by others to ensure my ability to choose and use a free and open OS. It amazes me. I hope, one day that my personal economy allows for me to contribute financially. Until then all I can do is have gratitude and hang around to learn more from the gurus that inhabit this place! :D
jesica

Post by jesica »

hey, welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”