Flash broken (youtube videos red)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Kupfer

Flash broken (youtube videos red)

Post by Kupfer »

Today, I visited youtube to find every single video playing with a thick red filter (see attachment). In Firefox that is. In Google Chrome the youtube videos won't even load! I did the obligatory reinstall of flashplugin-nonfree-1.2:8.3 and mint-flashplugin-x64-10.3.162.29 and even google-chrome-stable-9.0.597.107 to no effect. In Chrome the videos still dont load (southparkstudios.com even displayes a get adobe flash button, which is not right) and Chromium shows the same symptoms.

As for Firefox showing the youtube videos red, I found a brand new ubuntuforums thread reporting the issue too: http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showt ... ?t=1698956

I don't know whether the flash breakages in FF and Chrome/ium with different symptoms are related, but I guess so, since they seem to have started at the same time.

Interestingly, the only browser not showing any of the sympotoms is opera (I'm using version 11.00 build 1176). In opera the youtube videos load and play without any red filter.

My system is a Linux Mint Debian Edition 64bit an an Asus EeePC 1005PE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
/Zoran\

Re: Flash broken (youtube videos red or not even loading)

Post by /Zoran\ »

i have the same problem on the main edition, juila 32bit......i don't update the system, i think youtube is responsible for this.....everything else works fine....
Kupfer

Re: Flash broken (youtube videos red or not even loading)

Post by Kupfer »

Okay, so it turns out my problem with Chrome/ium not even loading youtube videos was an unrelated one (had to do with the adblock extension). So after clearing that up I was now able to check youtube videos on those browsers too. And they are: red too!

So I'm having the same problem on Firefoc, Google Chrome Stable and Chromium too!
Opera is still the only browser not displaying the videos with the thick red filter...
Liakoni

Re: Flash broken (youtube videos red)

Post by Liakoni »

I had the same problem with youtube. I tried to disable hardware accelaration in adobe flash and it worked. Now the videos in youtube are playing without the red filter.
Kupfer

Post by Kupfer »

Liakoni wrote:I had the same problem with youtube. I tried to disable hardware accelaration in adobe flash and it worked. Now the videos in youtube are playing without the red filter.

Thank you! This indeed solved the problem! After disabling hardware acceleration in the flash settings no red filter anymore!
NimaSepassi

Post by NimaSepassi »

How are the Adobe flash settings adjusted in LMDE? When I right mouse click on a flash video in youtube the Settings option is grayed out.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Liakoni

Post by Liakoni »

NimaSepassi wrote:How are the Adobe flash settings adjusted in LMDE? I can't find anything on the menus. I'm guessing it's something in a config file somewhere.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Find a flash video or game and right click to it. The select Settings. In youtube videos, you can not click on settings.
NimaSepassi

Post by NimaSepassi »

Liakoni wrote: Find a flash video or game and right click to it. The select Settings. In youtube videos, you can not click on settings.
Liakoni. Thanks, I just edited my post. I found the setting by right clicking but "Settings" is grayed out.
Liakoni

Post by Liakoni »

NimaSepassi wrote:
Liakoni wrote: Find a flash video or game and right click to it. The select Settings. In youtube videos, you can not click on settings.
Liakoni. Thanks, I just edited my post. I found the setting by right clicking but "Settings" is grayed out.
Try from this http://www.skai.gr/player/radiolive, right click and select settings.
PS: The site is from a greek radio, the first one i had opened.
hippy
Level 3
Level 3

Post by hippy »

Liakoni wrote:I had the same problem with youtube. I tried to disable hardware accelaration in adobe flash and it worked. Now the videos in youtube are playing without the red filter.
I was not getting the red problem with me it was crashing the whole system forcing a reboot.

After seeing this thread i thought i would give your fix a go.

Thanks very much it has solved the problem with crashing.

See Here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=67547
hippy

"To touch the earth is to have harmony with nature." Oglala Sioux
NimaSepassi

Post by NimaSepassi »

Liakoni wrote: Try from this http://www.skai.gr/player/radiolive, right click and select settings.
Thanks! That did the trick.
ginjabunny

Post by ginjabunny »

Same problems here, disabling he hardware acceleration only worked until I restarted Chromium then it came back.
I ended up using Synaptic to remove "mint-flashplugin' which is currently 10.2.161.23, then I downloaded and installed the Hardy .deb package from the Adobe site which is 10.2.152.27, and youtube is not red any more, Synaptic then lets you upgrade to the Maverick version of 10.2.152.27.

GB
NimaSepassi

Post by NimaSepassi »

Can someone please add [SOLVED] to the subject of this thread?
/Zoran\

Post by /Zoran\ »

youtube is normal again, i didn't update or downgrade and i didn't turn off hardware acceleration, looks like it was youtubes fault and the fixed it....
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

NimaSepassi wrote:
Liakoni wrote: Try from this http://www.skai.gr/player/radiolive, right click and select settings.
Thanks! That did the trick.
Youtube is fixed now, but it's a nice trick nonetheless :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”