Hello to everybody :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amina

Hello to everybody :)

Post by amina »

Hi, I'm a new LMDE user from Hungary. Just found this section and thought I'd introduce myself :)

I switched to Linux (Ubuntu) about 9 months ago, without any previous planning.
I liked it very much and it seemed to be easy compared to my expectations, so I decided to stay.
I did not intend to spend too much time learning about computers but I found I have learned a lot about them in the meantime; not because I was forced to, but because it suddenly seemed so much more fun. I particularly like the way Linux encourages learning and trying new things: I am still a beginner but I can do a lot more now on my PC than I was able to do with Windows, not because it was not possible on Windows, but it never crossed my mind to even try.

The switch to LMDE was something I have planned since September and finally did in January. I really like it so far and look forward to see its future.
I have been reading the forums for a long time, and also a lot of other forums, and I have to say this is the one I like the most for its athmosphere and usability.

I'd like to thank the developers and the community for this wonderful distro and forums.

amina
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello to everybody :)

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums amina. You will find a lot of information and help from some very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Mint users. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello amina,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355

Return to “Introduce Yourself”