[solved]how to turn off auto-logic

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
zhanshime

[solved]how to turn off auto-logic

Post by zhanshime »

when i open the synaptic,i choose "remember the password",but i think its un-safe,so how can i turn off it?
Screenshot-无标题窗口.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zhanshime

Re: how to turn off auto-logic

Post by zhanshime »

anyone who can help me?- -!
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Well, it's just a guess here, but there IS only 1 checkmark box on that graphic, can you unselect it, or give us a literal translation of that graphic's text in English please?
zhanshime

Post by zhanshime »

it says,you have saved the root password so that you needn't input the root password for the root needed software
can you know what i mean? lol :mrgreen:
stz*j

Post by stz*j »

I understand :D But that's cause I know chinese, your translation isn't so bad though.

Anyways, I think you can unset that password by:
mintmenu --> type key --> "password and encryption keys"

And find the appropriate key or password that is probably labelled synaptic in your case. Glad you know how important security is :lol: Haven't tested it myself, so tell me if it doesn't work.
zhanshime

Post by zhanshime »

stz*j wrote:I understand :D But that's cause I know chinese, your translation isn't so bad though.

Anyways, I think you can unset that password by:
mintmenu --> type key --> "password and encryption keys"

And find the appropriate key or password that is probably labelled synaptic in your case. Glad you know how important security is :lol: Haven't tested it myself, so tell me if it doesn't work.
it's amazing,i found it's reset when i logout, so may be it's my mistake... - -!
stz*j

Post by stz*j »

Hmm, maybe you just used "save for this session". Haha, nvm.

Put a [Solved] in your topic in that case ;)

Return to “LMDE Archive”