CPU Frequence Manager

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grgaud
Level 1
Level 1

CPU Frequence Manager

Post by grgaud »

Hi all,
I'm running XFCE community edition (Excellent!) and I was checking the daemons that startup automatically and found one called the powernowd, or the CPU frequency manager. What happens if I choose not to run this daemon?

I realize this is a laptop daemon (I run Mint 3.0 on a Toshiba Satellite A100), but do I really need to have it running?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
If you've never been here before,
make sure you come back and visit again.

Husse

Post by Husse »

It controls your CPU so it slows down when no work is done thus saving power and you get the battery to last longer.
There is one other aspect of this - it helps to keep your laptop cooler and thus the laptop lasts longer :lol:
grgaud
Level 1
Level 1

Post by grgaud »

Husse wrote:It controls your CPU so it slows down when no work is done thus saving power and you get the battery to last longer.
There is one other aspect of this - it helps to keep your laptop cooler and thus the laptop lasts longer :lol:
hanks for the info, Husse, that's a good thing to know. I'll keep that one on the list of running services.
If you've never been here before,
make sure you come back and visit again.

Return to “Other topics”