Ubuntu 7.10?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's possible but a bit risky. If you do, make sure to keep your celena repository and "add" the daryna one:

deb http://www.linuxmint.com/repository daryna/

Without this you'll break firefox and a few other packages. Beware of the fact also that Daryna isn't stable yet... and same goes for its repository.

Clem
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Yeah not to mention Gutsy is unstable in itself so just be careful. I jumped the gun and installed it right away and it sucked. Right now I am running Celena again and do not plan to upgrade untill Daryana stable. Thank God for Mint.
sanguinemoon
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sanguinemoon »

I jumped the gun too. The only problem that I've noticed so far is that Ubuntu didn't update my menu.lst properly.

How I realized this a bit peculiar. I couldn't get to GDM. So I edited xorg.conf to use the nn driver insetad of the nvidia. Once in X, I looked to see what kernel headers were installed, the right ones were. So there seemed to be no reason for the nvidia driver to not work. That is untill I looked at the uname -a. It was still booting the "old" kernel, so I had to edit my menu.list
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Lol well Mint just froze on me and I didnt even do anything to break it. So I could not get it to work again or boot so Im back in Kubuntu.

Return to “Other topics”