Startup Disk Creator doesn't work with LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Startup Disk Creator doesn't work with LMDE?

Post by Lolo Uila »

Okay, this is odd... I'm trying to make a bootable USB stick for Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) and Startup Disk Creator won't load the .iso?

I fire up Startup Disk Creator, click on "Other..." and choose "linuxmint-debian-201101-gnome-dvd-i386.iso" off my file server, and nothing. It doesn't show up after I open it. I have all the Mint-9 and Mint-10 .iso files on the server as well (and even some Ubuntu images), and they all work fine. Only the Debian Edition refuses to load into Startup Disk Creator.

I have verified the md5, and tried to copy the file to a local directory, no help. :( I tried a search but didn't find anything useful. What's going in here?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Startup Disk Creator doesn't work with LMDE?

Post by JasonLG »

Lolo Uila wrote:Okay, this is odd... I'm trying to make a bootable USB stick for Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) and Startup Disk Creator won't load the .iso?

I fire up Startup Disk Creator, click on "Other..." and choose "linuxmint-debian-201101-gnome-dvd-i386.iso" off my file server, and nothing. It doesn't show up after I open it. I have all the Mint-9 and Mint-10 .iso files on the server as well (and even some Ubuntu images), and they all work fine. Only the Debian Edition refuses to load into Startup Disk Creator.

I have verified the md5, and tried to copy the file to a local directory, no help. :( I tried a search but didn't find anything useful. What's going in here?
Either by design or by bug(?) it only works with Ubuntu(ish) ISO's. You'll have to use unetbootin.
Dr.m0x

Re: Startup Disk Creator doesn't work with LMDE?

Post by Dr.m0x »

Yes unetbootin will work with any live disc whatsoever.

Sent from my Desire HD pocket rocket.

Return to “LMDE Archive”