[info] Libreoffice is here - with a "hick-up" during update

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

[info] Libreoffice is here - with a "hick-up" during update

Post by gosa »

Hi All,

As I'm sure you've all noticed we now have a switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice in our repositories.

Since it didn't go completely smooth for me I thought I'd share in case someone else runs into the same issue (I'm sure it's gonna happen).

I tried to do a "refresh" and then the update through Mint Update but that one complained about broken stuff, so instead I opened the terminal and ran the - for you who remember the vlc-thing some time ago - the good ol':

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
instead...

That worked fine, and now I'm back to normal again.

Now - I'm not saying that you have the same issue with running your updates in Mint Update, but if you have - it's easy to fix.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
salsalha

Re: [info] Libreoffice is here - with a "hick-up" during upd

Post by salsalha »

Hi, i tried the lines in yuor post, and dind´t work for me, jut like the mint up date. Instead the up date via synaptic, worked all fine.

Offtopic: Whit the mentioned lines, and "aptitude -f install", i solved the broken packages issue, related to vlc, but still vlc is missing, could you solve that?

Greetings
amina

Post by amina »

I just had the same message about broken packages and from terminal, the update went fine.

salsalha, I think by now you should be able to install vlc without any issues - as far as I know, that problem is over.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

salsalha wrote: Offtopic: Whit the mentioned lines, and "aptitude -f install", i solved the broken packages issue, related to vlc, but still vlc is missing, could you solve that?

Greetings
about vlc, do a

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install vlc
and you should be fine. 8)
asymmetros

Post by asymmetros »

First of all, i removed oo from synaptic and libreoffice was installed. Then, i did an update, dist-upgrade and everything worked fine. Vlc was upgraded during the process.

(From libreoffice i am using only impress, draw).
salsalha

Post by salsalha »

Thanks, i didnt notice the fix :shock: ... vlc is working again.

Greetings. :mrgreen:

Return to “LMDE Archive”