[SOLVED]"Ubi-partman failed with exit code 10"

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
karatechess

[SOLVED]"Ubi-partman failed with exit code 10"

Post by karatechess »

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to Linux (meaning I have virtually no experience with it, but I can still almost kind of manage a little. Some of the terminology and technical jargon I get lost on, but otherwise I'm kind of okay) and am having a problem installing Linux Mint 10 on my Asus Eee PC 1015PEM Netbook. After I press forward on the page when it tells me the ideal conditions for installing (2.5 GB of Mem, plugged in to power, and internet connection) I get the error message in the title, ""Ubi-Partman Crashed: Ubi-partman failed with exit code 10." I checked in var/log/syslog like it said but I had no clue what to look for. I did not get this message before I shrank the C: drive, so I went back into windows and extended C: back to original size and tried shrinking the D: drive, but the error persists. I'm trying to install via a live usb. Any help is appreciated!

ALSO, please note, I'm attempting to allow it to dual boot with Windows, if that has any bearing on it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: "Ubi-Partman Crashed: Ubi-partman failed with exit code

Post by richyrich »

From a search about your error, it can be solved by adding the word - nodmraid to the boot line.

When you boot to the live cd, at the welcome screen, press any cursor key to toggle the menu. you will see it says hit tab to edit selection (or something similar), at the end of the kernel line add nodmraid, then hit enter to boot.

Source : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1498417

good luck, and let us know if this helps . .
karatechess

Post by karatechess »

Thanks for the quick reply. I did as you instructed but when I tried to install again, I still got the same error message.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

did you type it in before the two dashes ?
karatechess

Post by karatechess »

No, after. Was I supposed to before? Like I said, I have very little knowledge in this, so sorry for any stupid mistakes on my part.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I've never had this problem, but on another pc I needed to add 'nomodeset' to the boot line, I added it before the dashes (just thought it was the logical place for it?), and it worked for me . . . doesn't hurt to try it . .
karatechess

Post by karatechess »

I'll try it and let you know!
karatechess

Post by karatechess »

Alright, that didn't work either. Should I just try and reinstall it onto my usb drive and try again? I guess one of those files could've gone corrupt?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Might be worth a try . . also check out that source link I posted above, there may be more info or links that you can follow.
The Mint user manual gives good info on checking the iso once you have it downloaded. And you can lurk through the How To's/Tutorial forum section.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.
richy
karatechess

Post by karatechess »

Already, so after a fresh install onto the usb drive, I'm no longer getting the error message. However, I have unallocated space on my D: Drive (Did this through Windows Disk Management) and it sees the space, but it doesn't allow me to use it. It says its unusable. Any reason for that?

Return to “Installation & Boot”