Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
besman

Post by besman »

Came over to Mint from PCLinuxOS. Theirs is an excellent distribution and one of the first I built some confidence on, not having had much experience with Linux beyond just attempting to get it to run on some old pcs I had. It was the first distro I managed to boot sucessfully with Grub. I tried several and none was as helpful and intuitive as PCLinux. But lately, I've gotten curious about other Linux distros

I discovered Puppy Linux and actively use Lucid Puppy 5.2. It is a remarkable achievment and I feel very relaxed and confident using it on my two laptops when I get sick of Windows.

Then I came to your distro, Mint, after trying Ubuntu. I didn't like Ubuntu for some reason this time around pretty much the way I rejected it a few years before. Now I know Mint is based on Ubuntu but your distro is compelling because it was so easy to set up. I'm using it on the same hard drive I had PCLinux on. Mint loaded and I was up and running in less than a half hour. Remarkable.

And a bonus,I discovered I could print with Mint, too! I never could get PCLinux to do that.

I'll give your distro a try. I like what I'm seeing and it runs smooth as silk.

I've had no issues so far. And your forum seems friendly and is loaded with problems and solutions for all to share in.

Thanks to everyone. I'm always amazed by all the Linux contributors for all the distributions and what they accomplish.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Newbie

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums besman. You will find a lot of information and help from some very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Mint users. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello besman,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”