Chrome does not start when clicking link in Thunderbird

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
knireis

Chrome does not start when clicking link in Thunderbird

Post by knireis »

As the title says, when i click a url link in thunderbird, chrome won't start by itself. When i start chrome myself and then click the link, the page will open in chrome. Chrome is set as default in the settings.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vincent

Re: Chrome does not start when clicking link in Thunderbird

Post by vincent »

Code: Select all

sudo update-alternatives --config gnome-www-browser
sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
Choose /usr/bin/chromium-browser for both of them. Then, run the following command to see if Chromium is indeed being used as the default browser:

sensible-browser
knireis

Post by knireis »

vincent wrote:

sudo update-alternatives --config gnome-www-browser
sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
Choose /usr/bin/chromium-browser for both of them. Then, run the following command to see if Chromium is indeed being used as the default browser:

sensible-browser
Followed your instructions but no luck, The correct browser was selected already and sensible-browser does start chrome. But clicking a url in thunderbird has no effect.
kruijf

Post by kruijf »

Iff you go in Thunderbird to your preferences and then the tab attachments, what is there whit the line Http and Https??
Iff its not Chrome you can change that in to Chrome.

And when you go to System/preferences/preferred applications on the internet tab there must be Chrome as whell, that should do it.
knireis

Post by knireis »

kruijf wrote:Iff you go in Thunderbird to your preferences and then the tab attachments, what is there whit the line Http and Https??
Iff its not Chrome you can change that in to Chrome.

And when you go to System/preferences/preferred applications on the internet tab there must be Chrome as whell, that should do it.
the html-doc line says chrome and the preferred applications is also set to chrome, so that's not the solution either. However i notice that at the prefrred applications i can not select the option to open in standard webbrowser, i can only select the option to open in new window, or to open in new tab.

Return to “LMDE Archive”