Hay all M9-fluxbox

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vinnywright

Hay all M9-fluxbox

Post by vinnywright »

Hay all........Vinnywright from Lexington NC hear

just installed linux Mint 9 Fluxbox on this old DELL Inspiron-2100 700Mhz-CPU 128-RAM ATI-GPU lappy

so far so good ........it seams to run better than slitaz Puppy or Ulite and WPA wirless is working fine after using the windows wirless drivers tool to install the XP drivers for the PCMCIA belkin card...........sweet

nice work .......and will say what I see when I see it.............lol

☢VINNY☢
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Re: Hay all M9-fluxbox

Post by Kendall »

Glad you're liking it. Honestly I'm surprised it runs with those system specs so bravo in that regard. Also good to see another NC resident on the board. I'm in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville.

I build and maintain the Fluxbox edition and though my time is very limited I do try and get to support questions when I can.
vinnywright

Post by vinnywright »

Kendall wrote:Glad you're liking it. Honestly I'm surprised it runs with those system specs so bravo in that regard. Also good to see another NC resident on the board. I'm in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville.

I build and maintain the Fluxbox edition and though my time is very limited I do try and get to support questions when I can.
WoW an acuall Dev hear ....cool

my other 3 boxes all run Kubuntu 1 eatch of 10.04 , 10.10 & 11.04 but this lappy has been a ...........adventure to get a linux GUI to run on :)

so bravo for your efforts 8)

I dont know mutch but would be happy to test thing's or whatever you tell me to do ........felow NC res. ;)
1 box is just for testing.........it's runing the Kubuntu 11.04 now but could be whatever you'ed like........
it's a old AMD64 with 512-RAM and nvidia GPU ........

VINNY
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Vinny,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”