Kernel 2.6.38

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kabbalah

Kernel 2.6.38

Post by kabbalah »

Hello, I installed kernel 2.6.38 in a netbook lenovo, the installing was made with KernelCkeck, the installing was automatic, KernelCheck download the ultimate kernel stable and compile, and config it with the old configuration of the kernel in use.

All work very good, nothing problem in my LMDE. If, improve efficiency, with djplay working 2.6.32 (43% CPU and 137 RAM) and with 2.6.38 (37% CPU and 134 RAM) monitored with conky in my desktop.

I'm sorry for my english, is very bad.

kabbalah
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sidneyk

Re: Kernel 2.6.38

Post by sidneyk »

I am also using the 2.6.38 kernel, but I got it delivered through enabling the sid(unstable) repos, which, of course, made the process of a kernel upgrade quite painless. I haven't had any problems with it on my desktop with nVidia GTX260 graphics and neither on my laptop with integrated ATI X1200 graphics. In fact, it was mostly for the laptop that I wanted to try this out because I had read somewhere that there was improved support for ATI open-free drivers and I can attest that this seems to be true. I had tried the 3d game Critical Mass on the laptop and before the kernel upgrade it wouldn't even start. Now it is able to start up and is almost playable. On my desktop, so far nothing I've thrown at it has had any problems at all. Looking forward to the next kernel upgrade.

Return to “LMDE Archive”