[Solved] Trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrings

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

[Solved] Trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrings

Post by kmb42vt »

I really pulled a boneheaded maneuver and removed all of the Debian testing keyrings from my LMDE installation. Only thing I have left is one for Squeeze stable and one for Linux Mint repos. No testing, no Debian multimedia--nothing. I was running the default LMDE with sources set to testing. I have no idea how to reinstall these, Google's no use and Synaptic refuses to update without them so any help would be greatly appreciated. Please don't ask me how I managed this since I don't know myself. I should know how to fix this but my brain has deserted me. [banging head against wall] Please help?

(slinks off with tail between legs)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
vincent

Re: Accidently trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrin

Post by vincent »

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install --reinstall debian-archive-keyring debian-multimedia-keyring
APT will warn that the packages cannot be authenticated, but you can override its warning.
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Accidently trashed LMDE Debian testing/multimedia keyrin

Post by kmb42vt »

vincent wrote:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install --reinstall debian-archive-keyring debian-multimedia-keyring
APT will warn that the packages cannot be authenticated, but you can override its warning.
Thanks Vincent! Worked like a charm. I feel so damn foolish. Some sort of flu has right hold of me and my mind just isn't working. I should have known better than to fiddle with my install when my mind's full of mush. :?
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)

Return to “LMDE Archive”