Linux Mint FR is born

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Cool. I'll get you the stats.. but from the top of my head, France is second in the list of visitor's countries. I'm sure they'll appreciate to see a French website.

PS: I'll open a French section on the forum if people need one.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Very good initiative! A community is growing. The design is one thing... the content is THE honest truth! Au plaisir de se revoir sur ce site, avec ou sans d
jonpackard
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jonpackard »

I definitely have to back Tiptup up on this one. Suppose you were using Ubuntu and heard about the Linux Mint FR website. You go to the website, but are unable to find out more about Linux Mint because you do not have flash player installed. I think a lot of Linux Mint users will be Ubuntu users that want better "out-of-the-box" support for things such as, you guessed it, Flash. I don't want to cramp your creativity though, so if you want to make a flash-based site, go right ahead, but make sure to have a non-flash page too.
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

I was earlier praising for this initiative but am now more or less disappointed (sorry to the author).
It seems so that this project is at death's door...
May be some of the users will express a need and a group will be created :wink:
I observe the French dynamism which is shown on the proposed French Forum :lol: :lol:
... so that I begin to doubt about a real interest for a French Linux Mint dot FR

Return to “Releases & Announcements”