resolution 800*600

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
webzee

resolution 800*600

Post by webzee »

I just have run "dist-upgrade" and now I see the screen resolution is 800*600

Nvidia-config says that I don't have nvidia drivers loaded, but in fact I have them installed.

I have all necessary modules.

What did I do wrong? I shouldn't run dist-upgrade? or install LMDE? or shouldn't buy notebook based on nvidia chip?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nevius

Re: resolution 800*600

Post by nevius »

webzee wrote:I just have run "dist-upgrade" and now I see the screen resolution is 800*600

Nvidia-config says that I don't have nvidia drivers loaded, but in fact I have them installed.

I have all necessary modules.

What did I do wrong? I shouldn't run dist-upgrade? or install LMDE? or shouldn't buy notebook based on nvidia chip?
Did you follow the steps on the debian wiki? http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDr ... allation-1

Did you run ’nvidia-xconfig'?
webzee

Post by webzee »

yes, I had it installed. everything worked fine before dist-upgrade.

xconfig said that no nvidia drivers were loaded.

I just used script from sxmi.org to recover. It worked.

But I still wonder, if anyone should run this script or I did something wrong with upgrade or this was wrong upgrade or what?
colossus75
Level 1
Level 1

Post by colossus75 »

webzee wrote:yes, I had it installed. everything worked fine before dist-upgrade.

xconfig said that no nvidia drivers were loaded.

I just used script from sxmi.org to recover. It worked.

But I still wonder, if anyone should run this script or I did something wrong with upgrade or this was wrong upgrade or what?

I had the same issue with the 32bit LMDE. For the mean time, I am holding back from getting the new xserver-common (under Update Manager), however, in Synaptic I hold back "xserver-common" and "xserver-xorg-core". I am doing my updating with Synaptic, since threads say that Update Manager isn't fully functional with LMDE. When I do the cli method of "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade", it does all the available upgrades..and I can't prevent the install of the xserver stuff I held back with Synaptic...or rather, I don't know how to hold back stuff from the cli. Lucky I had a clonezilla image to restore from. Normally before I do any updates..I make a clonezilla image of my working LMDE 32 bit..just in case an new update breaks something. I am actually now having issues with a fresh install of LMDE 64bit..but I will put that in another thread. I am trying to dual-boot LMDE 64 and 32. Right now..only my 32bit LMDE is functional the way I need it to be and stable..with out those 2 xserver updates I mentioned above.
Kllisre x79 v2.82a
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v2
16 GB Kllisre DDR3-1333 MHz ECC
500GB Samsung Evo 860 2.5" SATA SSD [OS]
2TB (main data drive EXT4)
2TB (backup data drive EXT4)

Return to “LMDE Archive”