Thank You

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RubenAlonzo

Thank You

Post by RubenAlonzo »

Thank You ALL so very much.
First and foremost I am NOW an ex-Windows die hard tech. To be specific, I happen to be an M.C.S.E holder and A+ Tech as well, never in my life have I been so happy so have seen an installation go as flawlessly as Mint did for me. Honestly I am at a loss to explain how you all pulled it off.

You see, I had been fruitlessly trying to find a Linux Distro that was not as in your face as the examples I had installed and tried. Ubunto 10.10 is user friendly but boy does it just scream LOOK AT ME I AM NOT WINDOWS!!!!! The same goes for a couple other distros I tried.

But this Mint here, truly your lotto has been done justice to a tee. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! since I am new to Linux, I hope to become an avid member of this site and to learn as much as possible, my version of Mint is the gnome distro and I felt it prudent as I had somehow (through IRC chats) learned a bit, very little bit, about using the Terminal.

Like I stated I am a noob and so I plan to absorb as much as possible in order to maximize my potential with this release and future ones to expect. Cheers!!

....p.s.-- TAKE A BOW!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Thank You

Post by dawgdoc »

I am not one of the dev team, but welcome to the Community.
RubenAlonzo

Post by RubenAlonzo »

Thank you forums moderator for moving my thread into the correct one.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Mint Forums.

I am the Mod that moved your post. :D
No problem . . . you didn't have a question. So why be in a Questions Forum?

Glad you find LinuxMint so appealing and well made.

Maybe, you will find this thread of interest? > http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint community.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello RubenAlonzo,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”