Can't partition drive for LMDE (Solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Can't partition drive for LMDE (Solved)

Post by dw5437 »

I cannot get LMDE to install with the provided partitioner. When i click on install from live cd it gets to the partitioning part and will allow me to make a root partition and I can make a swap partition. I cannot make any logical partitions because that option is greyed out. It doesn't even give me the option to use the entire disk nor to install on free space. If I can get the distro to use the entire disk I could reinstall my Mint KDE distro and make it dual boot. I have tried going into KDE and resizing the 750 GB disk into 2 350's which didn't help at all. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Beardedragon

Re: Can't partition drive for LMDE

Post by Beardedragon »

Quick and dirty way is to use something like a xubuntu disk and install side by side with whatever you have there. Then, before updating or anything else put your LMDE disk in and run it using the latest extra partitions for root and swap files. It works.
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dw5437 »

Great idea. I will give it a shot and report back
dw5437
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dw5437 »

Worked like a champ Beardeddragon. Many thanks. Now I have my LMDE and MintKDE dual booting.

Return to “LMDE Archive”