Jupiter Applet - help me get the developer's attention!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Jupiter Applet - help me get the developer's attention!

Post by gosa »

Hi all!

After searching google for the Jupiter Applet for my Netbook I accidentally ran into a blog post by "Fewt" - the creator - where he's says he's thinking about supporting Jupiter for LMDE (http://www.fewt.com/2010/09/jupiter-on- ... ition.html) The post ain't exactly new, but I figured that it's still worth a try getting his attention...

So what is Jupiter? Fewt writes about it like this:
Jupiter is a light weight power and hardware control applet for Linux. It is designed to improve battery life of a portable Linux computer by integrating with the operating system and changing parameters of the computer based on battery or powered connection.

Additionally, Jupiter provides quick access to some of the commonly needed hardware controls like screen output and resolution, WIFI, and bluetooth.

If you use Linux on a portable computer, let Jupiter take the effort out of going mobile.
Does that sound interesting?
If it does, head over to the blog (through the above link) and post a comment to get Fewt to give the OS we've learned to love so much a bit of attention. For me this applet helps a lot with controlling my Netbook, and I consider it an invaluable help.

More info: http://www.jupiterapplet.org/index.html

/gosa

Edit: I do feel this is more a LMDE-post than a "software"-section post...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jeffreyC

Re: Jupiter Applet - help me get the developer's attention!

Post by jeffreyC »

Fewt often posts on the Distrowatch weekly comments, another place you might get his attention.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

Well... yes, of course. And I also made a post on the blog showing my interest. My reason for posting here was that "the more people we are asking, the greater the chance". At least that's my impression about how the world "works" after being around for almost 4 decades...

- Or what do you think?
fewt

Post by fewt »

jeffreyC wrote:Fewt often posts on the Distrowatch weekly comments, another place you might get his attention.
I also drop by the Mint forum now and then. :mrgreen:
fewt

Post by fewt »

gosa wrote:Hi all!

After searching google for the Jupiter Applet for my Netbook I accidentally ran into a blog post by "Fewt" - the creator - where he's says he's thinking about supporting Jupiter for LMDE (http://www.fewt.com/2010/09/jupiter-on- ... ition.html) The post ain't exactly new, but I figured that it's still worth a try getting his attention...

So what is Jupiter? Fewt writes about it like this:
Jupiter is a light weight power and hardware control applet for Linux. It is designed to improve battery life of a portable Linux computer by integrating with the operating system and changing parameters of the computer based on battery or powered connection.

Additionally, Jupiter provides quick access to some of the commonly needed hardware controls like screen output and resolution, WIFI, and bluetooth.

If you use Linux on a portable computer, let Jupiter take the effort out of going mobile.
Does that sound interesting?
If it does, head over to the blog (through the above link) and post a comment to get Fewt to give the OS we've learned to love so much a bit of attention. For me this applet helps a lot with controlling my Netbook, and I consider it an invaluable help.

More info: http://www.jupiterapplet.org/index.html

/gosa

Edit: I do feel this is more a LMDE-post than a "software"-section post...
It should work OK since it works with Aurora OS (also Debian based). I don't use Mint (Instead of going Mint or PCLinuxOS I decided to build my own variant of Fedora called Fuduntu) but if someone that's using LMDE wants to take on the roll of supporting the package I will help them in any way that I can.
gosa
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gosa »

fewt wrote: It should work OK since it works with Aurora OS (also Debian based). I don't use Mint (Instead of going Mint or PCLinuxOS I decided to build my own variant of Fedora called Fuduntu) but if someone that's using LMDE wants to take on the roll of supporting the package I will help them in any way that I can.
Hi fewt, and thanks for stopping by... :D

So what you're saying is that as long as Aurora has your support it should be ok with LMDE?
- That's good enough for me, even though I think it would be nice if more people here found Jupiter interesting enough to want to have it supported.
(Me I'm just a humble & very grateful user without any clue about the inner workings of things that happens to have found Jupiter immensely valuable)

Thanks for a very good applet!
fewt

Post by fewt »

gosa wrote:
fewt wrote: It should work OK since it works with Aurora OS (also Debian based). I don't use Mint (Instead of going Mint or PCLinuxOS I decided to build my own variant of Fedora called Fuduntu) but if someone that's using LMDE wants to take on the roll of supporting the package I will help them in any way that I can.
Hi fewt, and thanks for stopping by... :D

So what you're saying is that as long as Aurora has your support it should be ok with LMDE?
- That's good enough for me, even though I think it would be nice if more people here found Jupiter interesting enough to want to have it supported.
(Me I'm just a humble & very grateful user without any clue about the inner workings of things that happens to have found Jupiter immensely valuable)

Thanks for a very good applet!
Welcome, glad you find it useful. 8)
Troken

Post by Troken »

I've been using Jupiter on LMDE on an Asus EEE pc for a month or two, works nice. Not that I can spot any big difference between the different power save modes, but its useful for other reasons (i.e. rotate sceen).
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

I had thought that Aurora was still Ubuntu based and saw nothing on their website to say otherwise.
fewt

Post by fewt »

jeffreyC wrote:I had thought that Aurora was still Ubuntu based and saw nothing on their website to say otherwise.
No, Aurora is Debian based. We abandoned Ubuntu as our core over a year ago by unanimous vote.

http://auroraos.org/about
http://www.fewt.com/2009/10/eeebuntu-evolution.html

:wink:

The product hasn't been released because it isn't quite ready yet, but it is still available in beta form.

Return to “LMDE Archive”