Just want to introduce myself a bit

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blacksilva

Just want to introduce myself a bit

Post by blacksilva »

Hi, this is my first post and I figured I could start off with introducing myself.

I have been using Linux for a couple years now and have pretty much always used Linux Mint. It has always just been the best distribution I can find. So I guess if the comunity is half as good as the software is then forums would be a nice place to hang :) .

I am 14 years old, yes I know I am probably much younger than most of you here, and have used Linux since I was about 10. But at the time I was completely unaware I was even using Linux. And then my dad switched us over to Windows. I was really disappointed because I really liked the free games lol. And when I finally started to get into computers and tech and hated being enclosed in a wall of 'no-no's' I really started to dislike Windows more and more. So I was bored one day and was looking on youtube at stuff and stumbled across a little thing called Compiz :D So I was telling my dad about Linux and Compiz and thats when he said I had been using Mint already. So I immediately installed Linux Mint. While dual booting Windows 7 unfortunately, I need CoD6 lol. And have been using Mint ever since. Except for a few OS's just to test out including Ubuntu 9.10, 10.04 and 10.10. And every time Mint has always been the best. I know Mint is based off of Ubuntu, and also Debian but not at the time, but Mint is just easier to use and is just all around better in my honest opinion.

That said. I can not wait for the next big update for Mint.

silva
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: Just wanted to introduce myself a bit

Post by OldManHook »

blacksilva wrote:Hi, I have been using Linux for a couple years now and have always used Linux Mint. It has been always just been the best distribution I could find. So I figured if the comunity is half as good as the software is the forums would be a nice place to hang :) .
Kool :) Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,It is a Nice Place to Hang and get Help :)
Also note the introduce yourself sub-forum in the chat section 8)
blacksilva

Re: Just want to introduce myself a bit

Post by blacksilva »

Thanks a lot Hook.

Was looking for a forum like that but could not find one. Maybe I should have looked harder lol.

If an admin could move this thread over to that forum I'd appreciate it. Sorry about that.

Thanks.
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

Welcome Silva to Linux Mint Forums.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
blacksilva

Post by blacksilva »

Thanks donec.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello blacksilva,
I moved your post here
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> ttp://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome silva.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

You're not the only young person here - I am 15 years old.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
blacksilva

Post by blacksilva »

Thanks wizard.
AlbertP wrote:You're not the only young person here - I am 15 years old.
Yeah. Figured there would be some others but most of the time, with all of the forums i go to, im always the youngest. Ill be 15 in a couple weeks.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forums! There are people of all ages in here. No age limit on learning Linux.
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Introduce Yourself”