Hi from Toronto, Canada

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marvind

Hi from Toronto, Canada

Post by marvind »

I'm not new to Linux, but I am new to Linux Mint. Have have 2 computers running Linux exclusively. On my main desktop I run Ubuntu 10.10 but on my netbook I have just replace Ubuntu netbook remix 10.10 with Mint. So far I like the look and feel of Mint, but I've run into a little technical problem getting it to boot after the install. There seems to be a little hitch in the partitioning which won't allow it to boot directly from the HD.

I've already posted in the forum and hope to connect with someone who understands the problem and how to fix it. I must admit that I'm not overly familiar with partitioning. I've recently read an online article from a Linux expert on the correct way to set up partitions for a Linux OS. His explanation is pretty direct, but I still need to work through the process myself before claiming to understand what I'm doing.

Working with Gparted can leave one feeling a little confused at first. Having become very fond of Linux in general I have a strong interest in getting a better understanding of the inner workings and how best to get things done. I'm becoming a fan of the whole open source concept idea. It's a great community with lots of nice folks.

So there you have it, I'm a new Mint user and pleased to be here
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hi from Toronto, Canada

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello marvind,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome marvind.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
hemimaniac

Post by hemimaniac »

Welcome ye weary traveler from Mordor err Toronto.

hope ya have fun
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”