Why is my Install Different?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
plowran
Level 2
Level 2

Why is my Install Different?

Post by plowran »

Hi
Im here bugging you all like I have been for a few days now....
When I installed LMDE a few months ago on my Server everything worked perfect... Including anything I Installed in the Software Portal.
Now Im having issues on my Laptop with a few different Programs, GENS, DGen, K9Copy & K3b, to name the few that are making me mad.
If I install them in Software Portal or even Package Manager they show up installed but if I look in my Menu or try to search for them they are MIA....
What the hell is going on?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
decalguy

Re: Why is my Install Different?

Post by decalguy »

I had the same problem for awhile all you need to do is right click on mint menu and select "edit menu" look for your installed software and make sure the check mark is checked.
rclick.png
ThistleWeb

Post by ThistleWeb »

There's also options on each launcher in /usr/share/applications. Right click and open one in a plain text editor, you'll sometimes see "only show in gnome = yes" or similar. You need to open these as root to edit them, but it is a solution that's universal and not only applying to Gnome. I'm guessing the Gnome / Mint menu will be looking for that value and using that as a filter whether or not to display it. I'd guess KDE's menus look at the same thing and apply their own filter.
plowran
Level 2
Level 2

Post by plowran »

Editing the Menu worked for K3b Thanks
But I still cannot get the rest of the software working....
K9Copy shows up in the Menu, The HDD starts buzzing for a second but then nothing happens.....

Return to “LMDE Archive”