Suspend not working on sony vaio.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
smoosh

Suspend not working on sony vaio.

Post by smoosh »

So, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-fw139e (with the 16.4" screen), with ATI graphics (Radeon HD 3400 series), and am having bizarre suspend issues: WIthout modification after fresh LMDE install, the computer suspends, but will not resume - the screen does not turn back on. Caps lock does not light up if I press the caps key, and I CAN'T use Alt+Prt Sc+REISUB to restart. Also, the fan begins running at full blast. I decided to try what worked with ubuntu 10.04, which was:

Code: Select all

add the following line to /etc/pm/config.d/unload_modules (you may have to create it)

SUSPEND_MODULES="video"
Well, it works now, but only if I resume right away (within a few seconds of the power light beginning to flash in orange). If I wait even thirty seconds, the screen stays black, no caps lock light, the fan does kick in, but I CAN use Alt+Prt Sc+REISUB to restart. Weird, right?!

With Ubuntu 10.10, suspend works perfectly every time. This is the last issue (HA, I think) keeping me from switching over to LMDE for daily use.

Any ideas? I searched for LMDE suspend issues but found next to nothing, so I'm assuming it's working for most users?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
blowtorch

Re: Suspend not working on sony vaio.

Post by blowtorch »

Ya I also have suspend issuses with debian where as ubuntu works fine. Mine is different though its the btusb suspend/resume bug.
smoosh

Post by smoosh »

Guess I ain't switchin yet!
alirezaimi

Post by alirezaimi »

Hi
I use LMDE and i have same problem.
When i turn on my laptop after suspend , that turn on perfectly sometimes and doesn't turn on sometimes,when doesn't turn on ,the screen doesn't turn back in.
any ideas??
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rdonnelly »

alirezaimi wrote:Hi
I use LMDE and i have same problem.
When i turn on my laptop after suspend , that turn on perfectly sometimes and doesn't turn on sometimes,when doesn't turn on ,the screen doesn't turn back in.
any ideas??
Try CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE to log out, it works for me. I added myself to your bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/746711
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB

Return to “LMDE Archive”