Intel vs AMD, when running LinuxMint, which is better..?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

In terms of CPU and motherboard not really a big difference but some of the newest Intel has had problems, so perhaps AMD
Video card definitely nvidia. ATI is not quite ready yet with the new drivers, but hopefully soon
Sound - don't know - use 2+1 myself and to few questions in the forum. It seems though that you should not use Creative, but with the exception of (sorry I forgot which one) they should work with some tweaking
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Husse wrote:Video card definitely nvidia. ATI is not quite ready yet with the new drivers, but hopefully soon
And what about nvidia card with ATI SATA Controller PCI and Host Bridges, ATI USB Controllers, ATI IDE Interface etc on the same PC? :?
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

linuxviolin wrote:And what about nvidia card with ATI SATA Controller PCI and Host Bridges, ATI USB Controllers, ATI IDE Interface etc on the same PC? :?
hi i dont think it ll create any problem.Only ati graphic is an issue in linux but amd just released some linux drivers for ati.I think clem is going to include those in daryna.So if you ll wait n see review that ll be better.
mbjbdc
Level 1
Level 1

amd 6000x2 running fine here

Post by mbjbdc »

specs
biostar tf560+2 motherboard
nvidia 8600 gt
4gig ddr800
amd x2 6000
the only problem i ran into was running two sata dvd burner
will not boot