Problems to boot LMDE as Live cd

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
BarbaJoe

Problems to boot LMDE as Live cd

Post by BarbaJoe »

Dear Mint Comrades:

I'm a Mint user since february and I'm looking forward to move to a rolling release distro. Because of that, I tried to test LMDE as a Live cd, but I can't. It seems that there is a problem with the iso or something (maybe unetbootin). I've used Unetbootin to make a Live usb stick with LMDE and when I try to boot and the menu appears, when I hit enter in the default option (the only one that appears there), the 10 seconds counter restarts. If I wait until it reaches to 0, it restarts again, and again and again.

If I press tab, I can edit boot line, but I'm a newie in the Linux universe, so I don't know what to do.

I downloaded two .iso files from different mirrors and I've got the same problem. What can I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrCleanWithHair

Re: Problems to boot LMDE as Live cd

Post by MrCleanWithHair »

I'd recommend checking the md5sum of the images before you do anything with them:

Gnome 32-bit= daeabb182b016cd62bfced5483441b5a

If you have 64-bit or an xfce version find the md5sum by clicking on your version here: http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php

open a terminal in the directory you downloaded the image to and run:

Code: Select all

md5sum filename.iso
where filename is the name of the file.

compare the value it returns to the known m5sum.

If they aren't equal download it again and repeat the process.

************************************************************************************

If you have already checked the md5sum and you know the image is good I would recommend you try two things:

1) Reformat the flash drive, make sure you have an updated version of unetbootin, and try again.

2) Be old fashioned and burn a cd.

***************************************************************************************

If none of that works for you it might be a different issue completely.
BarbaJoe

Re: Problems to boot LMDE as Live cd

Post by BarbaJoe »

Thank you very much, MrClean, I'll try the first method... hope it works. So that well, I'll burn a cd.
Tomorrow I tell you what happened.

Return to “LMDE Archive”