Suggestion to Retain LMDE 201012 & 201101 images

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dawgdoc

Suggestion to Retain LMDE 201012 & 201101 images

Post by dawgdoc »

Knowing that future releases of LMDE images will remain based on Debian testing, both 32 and 64 bit, I was wondering if it would also fit within the LinuxMint server capabilities to retain images of LMDE 201012 (64 bit) and LMDE 201101 (32 bit) available for download.

The reason this occurred to me is that sporadically I see posts from people wanting to make there LMDE install look to Debian stable repositories. If the two mentioned images remain available, it is possible for a user to install either and then change their sources.list prior to running any updates. This would allow them a Stable LMDE with native Mint tools, rather than Mint tools added on top of straight Debian.

I mention this because this will not truly be possible with future images of LMDE. I hope that these two images will be available alongside the current (future) LMDE image releases; at least until Wheezy goes Stable.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ddavid123
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Suggestion to Retain LMDE 201012 & 201101 images

Post by ddavid123 »

I totally agree with this idea! Some people would like to use LMDE, but not the constant updates and occasional breakages. (201012 and (201101) both 32 and 64 bit should be preserved until Wheezy is stable.

One possible alternative is to create an LMDE ISO based on Debian 6 stable with only the mint specific goodies upgraded! This way you get a rock solid LMDE with new mint specific apps!
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

+1 . . I also hope it's just some directory cleanup on the servers.

http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint.com/debian/
http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint. ... le/debian/

I'd like to see Ada to Cassandra restored and available too !
hasuin

Post by hasuin »

ddavid123 wrote:I totally agree with this idea! Some people would like to use LMDE, but not the constant updates and occasional breakages. (201012 and (201101) both 32 and 64 bit should be preserved until Wheezy is stable.

One possible alternative is to create an LMDE ISO based on Debian 6 stable with only the mint specific goodies upgraded! This way you get a rock solid LMDE with new mint specific apps!
+1

Return to “LMDE Archive”