Installing Banshee / ipod-sharp

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
malpha

Installing Banshee / ipod-sharp

Post by malpha »

Hi,

I'm really having trouble getting things installed in LMDE (been using it for a week now) because a lot of stuff in the testing repo is out of date, and when I enable the sid repo, I get a bunch of broken package errors and unmet dependencies.

For right now, I'm trying to install Banshee. The one in testing is out of date (1.6.1, they just released 2.0 yesterday). I tried to install the one from sid and got that some dependencies couldn't be satisified, even after running sudo apt-get build-dep banshee. So now I'm trying to install from source.

I'm almost there except I need this 'ipod-sharp' package and I'm having a hard time getting it installed. It's not in the repos. I even added the Banshee PPA which is SUPPOSED to have this package, and I still get that the package can't be found (after adding the ppa to source, adding the key, and running apt-get update). When I ran ./configure in the banshee directory, it reported back that it couldn't find ipod-sharp and to use the --disable-ipod flag. So I reran with the flag and ./configure completed. So then I do make and I get an error:

error CS0006: cannot find metadata file `/libgpod/libgpod-sharp.dll'

So I guess the disable-ipod flag was kind of useless.

Then I tried to download the source for the ipod-sharp package, and when trying to ./configure that, I get that I'm missing the podsleuth package, which also isn't in any of the repos.

So now, I'm here.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
malpha

Re: Installing Banshee / ipod-sharp

Post by malpha »

I found deb versions of the packages that ipod-sharp creates and now it configures. The problem I'm having now is that I get this:

configure: error: conditional "GCONF_SCHEMAS_INSTALL" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.

I installed libgconf2-dev, libgconf2.0-cil, and libgconf2.0-cil-dev already.

Return to “LMDE Archive”