curiosity

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jtouso
Level 1
Level 1

curiosity

Post by jtouso »

Hi,
LinuxMint 4.0 beta1 works very well with compiz on default and in live-mode with my new pc with ati-radeon X-550 pci graphic chart but...in my old pc with other ati-radeon 9550 agp graphic chart compiz don´t work and if I try in console it says XGL not found.
Why if both uses the ati-xorg free driver?
Why my new one works (compiz) and the old one no? Both in live-mode.
Thanks
Jose
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Re: curiosity

Post by poision »

jtouso wrote:Hi,
LinuxMint 4.0 beta1 works very well with compiz on default and in live-mode with my new pc with ati-radeon X-550 pci graphic chart but...in my old pc with other ati-radeon 9550 agp graphic chart compiz don´t work and if I try in console it says XGL not found.
Thanks
Jose
hi it seems you are trying to use xgl on your old pc.Well check weather your graphic card is listed in xgl database or you should switch to xorg for running you effects pls see this
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/coffee ... -xorg.html
hope this ll guide ya well cos i didnt find many forums to discuss on xgl.
Regards
jtouso
Level 1
Level 1

Re: curiosity

Post by jtouso »

poision wrote:
jtouso wrote:Hi,
Thanks
Jose
hi it seems you are trying to use xgl on your old pc.Well check weather your graphic card is listed in xgl database or you should switch to xorg for running you effects pls see this
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/coffee ... -xorg.html
hope this ll guide ya well cos i didnt find many forums to discuss on xgl.
Regards
I am not sure...Two different Ati-radeon graphic charts using the same free driver ati-xorg and different results with compiz on LinuxMint 4.0 beta in live-mode??
I am using other live distros in my old pc (Ati-Radeon 9550 agp) as Kanotix or Sabayon and are ok.
What is the difference in Mint 4.0 beta?
Thanks
Jose

Return to “Other topics”