Changing default location of toolbar

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MikeA36

Changing default location of toolbar

Post by MikeA36 »

I'm new to fluxbox, and for the life of me I can't find a way to move the toolbar from the bottom of the screen to the top (my preferred position). Is this even possible? Can't be too hard right? :)

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: Changing default location of toolbar

Post by lmintnewb »

Really easy, right click on the tool bar ... Select placement from the menu items and then click the one marked top center. To put it back, if you're so inclined. Just do the same only selecting bottom center that time.

Random note: You may have your heart set on fluxbox. Which linux being the awe inspiring OS it is and mwah Mint, you can have as many desktops as you want. I have 3 so far, lol.

Scratch that double checked and I was wrong fluxbox is less resource intensive than xcfe afterall.

:D
richyrich

Re: Changing default location of toolbar

Post by richyrich »

@ MikeA36
I'm not at my Mint Flux machine, but you just need to make a small edit on a hidden file in your home directory. The file name is tintrc , and I think it is in your home directory at .config/tint2/tintrc . Open tintrc with your text editor, find the Panel section, and put "top" in stead of "bottom" . . save/exit . . logout/in . . :)

I may be incorrect on the exact location of the tintrc file, as I'm going from my feeble memory, but I'm confident you'll find it.

good luck, richy

Return to “Software & Applications”