Hello Mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
magik

Hello Mint

Post by magik »

Aldo i have been using linux from redhat 6.5 to fedora 14, i pretty much always feel like a newbie when i log on to the system.
I'm no coder or admin, i am just an optimistic graphic designer awaiting the long expected day to completely forget windows and all it's kindred.
Unfortunately that is not an option right now, and i keep login' back to wintendo, 'cos it gets me job done. all because of the monopoly of adobe over commercial platforms. wine doesnot works good enough for me in case of adobe products. i need stability, and apps under wine keep crashing, wile deadlines keep waiting.

When i tried mint live 10 kde, i decided to format the partition with fedora 14 and install mint instead. i really love the system look and feel. being an arist myself, i have to say that mint gave me that part of being aesthetically great. Freedom does come from elegance :)

best regards from Serbia,
Keep up the good work guys.

Vladimir
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thouartsimple
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hello Mint

Post by thouartsimple »

Welcome! Gotta love Mint, it's so aesthetically pleasing!
-Nick

Laptop: PCLinuxOS KDE (Toshiba Satellite A305D)
Desktop: LM11 Katya Gnome, LM10 Julia KDE, PCLinuxOS KDE, LM10 Julia LXDE, Bodhi Linux (All 32-bit, custom built PC)
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Vladimir,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi Vladimir, and welcome to Linux Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

Welcome Vladimir to Linux Mint forum.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
lmintnewb

Post by lmintnewb »

Add another welcome to the list and someone else agreeing Mint is top notch software. It's easy to love Mint. :D Esp after a lifetime of having to tweak and fix Windows problems that never shouldve happened. Root cause of most M$ problems, stems from running crappy, buggy, hole ridden Windows software.

:D
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

lmintnewb wrote:Root cause of most M$ problems, stems from running crappy, buggy, hole ridden Windows software.

:D
It is easy to say bad things about Windows when you get to use an OS that has had the advantage of using hindsight and seeing all the places that Windows has messed up. But we need to remember that as the desktop environment developed Windows has set the standard through it's many modifications and attempts to make computing easier for the masses.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
kathleensd

Post by kathleensd »

thouartsimple wrote:Welcome! Gotta love Mint, it's so aesthetically pleasing!
Agreed, so is this forum. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forum Vladimir. I am also a Mint fan. My name is Kathleen. :)

plr
private label rights
This is an excellent site I love it
Last edited by kathleensd on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
magik

Post by magik »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I think we will be seeing each other here a lot in the future. 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”