Hello There!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JinzoDefiler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There!

Post by JinzoDefiler »

Im a long time Linux user and recently discovered Linux Mint Debian. Ive been through many of a distro starting with Red hat 9. I wanna thank the release people who made the best mix of Ive seen with a Debian based system with an Ubuntu/Mint like system. I like the fact that you use the wheezy testing repository. Its alot more stable then sid which I have used in the best but frustration always got the best of me for broken packages... ya compiling a library for the 50th time isnt my exact definition of fun if you know what I mean.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thouartsimple
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Hello There!

Post by thouartsimple »

Welcome to Mint! I'm new to Linux and Mint, so I don't have any insight for you, but glad to see you here.
-Nick

Laptop: PCLinuxOS KDE (Toshiba Satellite A305D)
Desktop: LM11 Katya Gnome, LM10 Julia KDE, PCLinuxOS KDE, LM10 Julia LXDE, Bodhi Linux (All 32-bit, custom built PC)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums JinzoDefiler. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. There is also an LMDE channel. Just type /join #linuxmint-debian while logged into IRC. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

Welcome JinzoDefiler to the Linux Mint forum.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello JinzoDefiler,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
JinzoDefiler
Level 1
Level 1

Post by JinzoDefiler »

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all. As I said in my first post I've used Linux for years. I hope to impart some what i know and maybe gain some more knowledge myself

Return to “Introduce Yourself”