sjonesy wrote:Opnions opnions, yea lets make kde the default, and to hell with everything else. You guys listen to yourselves?
And so your vote is to make [insert de here] the default or leave as the default and to hell with everything else? You listen to yourself?
Stand back Konqi is about to breath fire! ! ! WARNING! ! RANT ON!
Plain and simple for the everyday average DE, KDE, and even KDE 4.x, should be the default.
Yes I am biased, and this is the KDE forum!
I don't go outside this forum 99% of the time, I don't care whats going on with any thing other than the DebMint version, and watching for a KDebMint version.. I personally don't acknowledge any part of the main edition... there is the KMint version and the other is non existent. I am sure its a fine version and has a great dev team, its NOT for *ME*. Very politely I suggest you go back to the other side of the forum, and stay there and take the rest of the other DE trolls with you. I can and will be more than glad to jump over to the other forum and release the hounds! I've really held back my opinion on a certain DE.....Why don't I.. I've got better things to do like supporting the KMint users in this forum. I probably put US$2K worth of my and my agencies
time into KMint support a week. Theres a real interesting trend I see on this forum, seems to occur in April and October... you can figure out that on your own.
For the lighter weight and for those that prefer it XFCE, LXDE etc. is/are fine options, not for me as my main use, but each has a spot for their use. If they work for you great. They have their support forum(s) down the hall.....
As for the current main editions use of a certain DE... I have reasons for not using stinky foot diseased DE's. And YES YOU BET I would like to have an extermination of a certain DE. I've never denied and won't my stance, I am all for an extermination.
1) Creator and author is a shill for a company I despise. Theres a reason I am using Linux and not that other OS, and if it weren't for BSD, yes its been highly customized, but it has a BSD HEART, would another company even be around? ? I think not! Oh and that a certain other company invested as a cheap way to not get broken up or worse.
2) Contains patent and trademark traps in a certain framework ... NO THANKS! SEE MY avatar!
3) Even more draconian than asegio and company is the lack of configurability and absolute no you can't mentality of another DE..
4) default of kicker and buttons in the wrong spot, I don't care that they can be configured, they don't go there to start!
5) KDE has a spot in my heart from having to slog through the DE based forums to get things to work and its DE origins, are all pluses in my book.
6) Dragons work for me.
KDE has done some boneheaded things in KDE4 you bet! I have bashed 4.x from the start and will continue to bash boneheaded things that KDE 4.x continues to do, but KDE is still the best X DE out there. I can take any winluser and sit them down in a KDE DE and let them have at it. Same goes for the most part with XFCE, LXDE and most of the others... put them in front of that other DE.. and guess what... their clicking in the bottom left to get to the menu and nothings happening! Ok.. your saying they need to be told that... BZZT! ! ! The goal is to put them in front of Linux and not know the difference for 99% of the stuff.