LMDE-Gnome works for me.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ajt007

LMDE-Gnome works for me.

Post by ajt007 »

From my perspective the concerns about what will happen if and when the Linux Mint Standard Gnome desktop is no longer Ubuntu based but Debian based is Solved. I just reinstalled LMDE Gnome (fourth try). I upgraded using a Terminal “sudo apt-get install -f && sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade” and everything is perfect. Better than perfect. The LMDE Gnome desktop looks, works and includes the same features as the Mint 10 Gnome release. I still think the standard releases of Linux Mint has always worked (for me) much better then anything else. Moving from Linux Mint to LMDE is now not such a reach as both work the same. Thank you, Clem and everyone else involved. If it was not for Ubuntu I would not still be using Linux. If not for Linux Mint I would not still be using a Debian based system. We all need to thank Debian for all they do.

Moved to LMDE.
tdockery97
Forum Moderator
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: LMDE-Gnome works for me.

Post by tdockery97 »

It is nice, isn't it? LMDE has been praised by many a professional reviewer lately. :mrgreen:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Dr.m0x

Post by Dr.m0x »

I"m in love with it. Initially I had some trouble adjusting as there were a couple of niggling bugs which were annoying me, but recent updates have resolved those for me. Now I can't imagine running ubuntu base again. This is much nicer, faster and less resource intensive.
ajt007

Post by ajt007 »

tdockery97 wrote:It is nice, isn't it? LMDE has been praised by many a professional reviewer lately. :mrgreen:
Thanks for moving the post. I was not sure of the correct spot to post it. After my last install I had to check three times to make sure I installed LMDE and not the standard Gnome. :lol: That is how well it works. The screen resolution is just right and the speed is amazing. At this point I am not even thinking about installing the nvidia video driver that I think is correct. :D I may turn this desktop off and never use it. After all this I do not want to mess it up.
adolson

Post by adolson »

Dr.m0x wrote:I"m in love with it. Initially I had some trouble adjusting as there were a couple of niggling bugs which were annoying me, but recent updates have resolved those for me. Now I can't imagine running ubuntu base again. This is much nicer, faster and less resource intensive.
Ditto, and some important updates over vanilla Debian, and the nice Mint Menu. It's pretty great so far. :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”