Celena Partioner

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pappo
Level 1
Level 1

Celena Partioner

Post by pappo »

I installed Celena on a Dell C610 laptop this weekend. The laptop had a PCLinuxOS2007 distro on it when I decided to try Mint Celena.
I downloaded the iso and started up the LiveCD.
Most of the install was painless except for the partioner.
It took me over an hour of playing with the Mint partioner and also using command line fdisk before I could get it to stop telling me that it could not put the ext3 file system on my disk.

I was going for a total replacement, using the entire disk.

It finally worked and I am using it now to send this topic, but it sure was painful.

Regards,
pappo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint pappo
The installer is doing a good job, especially if you compare it to some other installers.
However the partitioning part is what gives most problems
Your experience seems a bit odd
I have a feeling that there was something odd with the disk - perhaps the Dell recovery partition haunted you....
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Celena Partioner

Post by BakUp »

pappo wrote:It took me over an hour of playing with the Mint partioner and also using command line fdisk before I could get it to stop telling me that it could not put the ext3 file system on my disk.
I prepare my partitions ahead of time before I install, using GParted live CD. It never has failed me. just be sure to look at the documentation before you use it.

Download it here: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

I think you will like it........

cheers,
BakUp

Return to “Installation & Boot”